Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: Alpines in the garden are flowering early this year.

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Paul Lewis

Go to latest contribution by Paul Lewis, 03 May 2012, 07:52. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 2 of 3:    1   (2)   3   previous   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 16 April 2012, 18:54top / bottom of page
Pulsatilla vulgaris alba

A really good white form

Pulsatilla vulgaris alba
Pulsatilla vulgaris Rode Klokke

The SRGC forum have been discussing a Pulsatilla called Red Clock or Red Cloak recently. I think they mean this, and I think the name is Norwegian for Red Bell. Whatever, it is a quite fabulous colour.

Pulsatilla vulgaris Rode Klokke
Androsace sempervivoides
Androsace sempervivoides
Tulips

To finish with, a few tulips. I grow a lot in the garden; they seem to do well for me and make a lovely display at this time of year.

Tulips

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 16 April 2012, 19:33top / bottom of page

Great stuff Jon. Keep them coming. Time I found the time to take some pictures round the garden although I have to say the wood anemones have been very poor this year and it looks like the bluebells are also going to be very mean with flowers. Last year's dry weather no doubt having its effect.

Contribution from Paul Lewis 19 April 2012, 08:12top / bottom of page
Early flowering alpines on our raised bed rock garden and crevice bed

Early flowering alpines on our raised bed rock gar

Euphorbia myrsinites

Armeria juniperifolia, displaying it's flower power!

Primula pubescens with the leaves of E.K. Balls in the background.

Clematis marmoraria from New Zealand, a recent purchase from the RHS Hyde Hall Garden in Essex.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 2 of 3:    1   (2)   3   previous   next

This discussion Thread: Alpines in the garden are flowering early this year. - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion