Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: All About Plants

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

RHS Wisley 20-21st June

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 05 July 2015, 06:10. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 3 of 17:    1   2   (3)   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   previous   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 30 June 2015, 14:18top / bottom of page
Clematis

This is one of the named selections / hybrids of C. vernayi, but I forgot to photograph the label.

Clematis
Chameirion angustifolium album

The white form of Rosebay Willow-Herb makes a fantastic garden plant, provided you keep it under control.

Chameirion angustifolium album
Geranium psilostemon

I thought this planting of the geranium mixed in with the umbellifer was fantastic,  But I don't know what the umbellifer is, and I am hoping Tim Ingram may be able to enlighten me.

Geranium psilostemon
Rosa mulliganii
Rosa mulliganii
Mallard

An interesting situation for a duck.

Mallard
Allium possibly Globemaster
Allium possibly Globemaster
Philadelphus ?

Another unlabelled shrub - but rather charming

Philadelphus ?
Sambucus niger
Sambucus niger

That's about enough for now - it is 29C in the shade and the heat is giving me a headache.  Next stop the rose garden - anyone interested in 80 pictures of roses ?

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 30 June 2015, 17:50top / bottom of page

Thanks Jon, the perfect antidote after a day of cutting grass and weeding in the heat........not so sure about the bedding displays though

Contribution from Jon Evans 30 June 2015, 20:37top / bottom of page

Thanks Martin

I'm not sure about the bedding displays either - different yes, interesting yes, attractive hmmm.

No one has complained about the thought of me posting rose pictures, so I'll make a start before they do.

The roses were spectacular this year - my wife complained that it was like getting stuck in the middle of a paint chart.  My favourites are always single or semi-double, where you can see the stigma and stamens in the centre of the flower, particularly the ramblers with big trusses of little flowers.

Rosa Cumberland Harnext
Rosa Cumberland Harnext
Rosa Tanallet Castella
Rosa Tanallet Castella
Rosa Belle Epoque Fryyaboo

Lovely flower, shame about the name

Rosa Belle Epoque Fryyaboo
Rosa

I failed to photograph the label of this one, but it is more the style I like best.

Rosa
Rambling roses

The rambling roses were trained over arches in the centre of the garden.

Rambling roses

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 3 of 17:    1   2   (3)   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   previous   next

This discussion Thread: All About Plants - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion