Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: RHS Plant and Potato Fair 2015

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by John Richards, 25 February 2015, 16:07. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 8 of 8:    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   (8)   previous

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 21 February 2015, 11:03top / bottom of page
Iris reticulata 00-KV-3

An Alan McMurtrie iris cultivar exhibited by Jacques Amand International. 

Iris reticulata 00-KV-3
Iris reticulata Eye of the Storm

Iris reticulata Eye of the Storm
Iris reticulata 01-JR-1

Iris reticulata 01-JR-1
Iris reticulata 00-KN-5

Iris reticulata 00-KN-5
Iris reticulata Scent Sation

Iris reticulata Scent Sation
Iris reticulata Regal

The last Alan McMurtrie iris cultivar exhibited by Jacques Amand International. 

Iris reticulata Regal

Phew! That was a bit of a marathon.  Next week the Early Spring Show at Harlow - see the news on the front page of the website for more information.  My thanks to all the exhibitors (and to Alan McMurtrie) for staging these wonderful exhibits, and for the opportunity to photogra[h them.

Contribution from Lee and Julie Martin 21 February 2015, 12:16top / bottom of page

Many thanks Jon for a superb report and photos.  This is almost as good as visiting the show and we're sure it is appreciated by many, like us, who couldn't get there.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 21 February 2015, 13:42top / bottom of page

Some tremendous displays and plants there Jon. This must be one of the finest set of nursery exhibits for a long time - hope it translates into a burgeoning attendance at the spring Alpine Shows too! But the nurseries like Avon must have really pulled out all the stops judging by the notice on their stand - deserves a change in emphasis back from 'design' to the fundamentals of growing and learning about plants at these Shows. Giood to see that this might be happening at last.

Contribution from Fermi de Sousa 22 February 2015, 12:44top / bottom of page

Brilliant being able to be at the show via your report, Jon.

cheers

fermi

Contribution from John Richards 25 February 2015, 16:07top / bottom of page

Many thanks Jon. Tremendous displays and a pirvilege to be able to see it. I was intrigued to see that several of the individual specimens from Kew I had featured in my diary two days ago had travelled up to London a couple of days later to take part!

I was particularly blown away by the reticulatas at Amand and Hoog. Could this be the next winter craze? At least the colours are more varied than snowdrops! I loved some of the McMurties crosses, raised in Canada I believe, and wonder if these will now finally enter general circulation?

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 8 of 8:    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   (8)   previous

This discussion Thread: RHS Plant and Potato Fair 2015 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion