DATES: 29 - 31 May 2018
LEADER: Ray Drew
ACCOMMODATION: Four-star hotel
Gothenburg Botanical Garden is one of the largest and arguably one of the best alpine botanical gardens in Europe, if not the world.
It has the largest collection of bulbs and tuberous plants in the world. There are around 16,000 plant species outdoors and a further 4,000 in the greenhouses.
- Gothenburg has an unrivalled collection of Dionysia species, brought back as living material or seed from collecting trips.
- There are more than 500 species and cultivated varieties of Rhododendron.
- See Sweden's finest collection of 1,500 orchids.
- Learn all about the glasshouse species with a private tour.
- Explore the Per Wendelbo Memorial Garden.
Arrive Gothenburg mid-morning.
Visit the gardens early afternoon.
Stay for 'Potting Shed' party to meet some of the garden's experts.
Formal tours of the glasshouses, frames and garden (incl. behind-the-scenes access).
Optional: visit to Natural History Museum.
Informal tours of orchid houses, cacti, succulent & tropical collection and garden/
(A reasonable degree of fitness is needed to access the rock garden.
Beyond involves negotiating a very steep slope.)
BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES
For more information or to book your place, please contact the AGS Centre.