Information: A long time lecturer and grower of alpine plants who owned Holden Clough Nursery for over thirty years. Now semi-retired but still growing a wide range of Primula, Rhodohypoxis, Saxifraga, Cassiope, dwarf conifers, together with many allied plants
1. Propagation and Growing of Alpines
2. The Nurseryman’s Year – an insight into the commercial side of alpine growing
3. Some Good Alpines to Grow – a broad choice catering for all tastes
4. Plants for the Trough and Sink Gardens – includes a demonstration of trough planting
5. Winter Colour in the Garden – using live plant material covering many shrubs, conifers, alpines, etc.
6. Plants for the Smaller Garden – a varied miscellany
7. Plants for Problem Places
8. Fantastic Foliage
9. The Autumn Garden
10.Waddow Lodge – the development of a plantsman’s garden
Equipment: Uses own projector.
Availability: Available anytime, willing to travel reasonable distances and longer distances with accommodation provided. Plants for sale after the talk. Full details of all titles available on website www.gardentalks.co.uk