Devon, Exeter AGS Local Group
This is the home page for the Devon, Exeter AGS Local Group
Welcome to the home page of the Exeter Group of the Alpine Garden Society. We are a very friendly group of enthusiasts, and would welcome any similar enthusiasts who might consider joining us.
We meet at the Longdown Village Hall near Ide, Exeter (directions below) every month excluding July and August. We usually meet in July in the garden of one of our members for a social party. All other meetings are at Longdown on the third Thursday in the month at 7.00 p.m. for a 7.30 p.m. start. Meetings usually take the form of a lecture by an eminent speaker. At the meeting we have a raffle, and plant sales at which unusual plants, shrubs and bulbs are sold on a 25%-75% basis.
The Exeter Group has a seed exchange and a seedling exchange, and a Christmas Social after the AGM in December. We have a garden visit to a garden of interest, as well as a Summer Garden Party at a members's garden.
The Exeter Group organises the South West Alpine Flower Show and Plant Sale for the AGS.
The annual subscription which becomes due in January is
- For AGS Members: £5 Single , £8 Couple
- For non-AGS members £8 each
- Visitors £2 per visit
DIRECTIONS TO THE LONGDOWN VILLAGE HALL
- From the M5 leave at Junction 31, signposted Okehampton
- After about a mile, take a slip road on the left, signposted Exeter
- (From Okehampton, take sliproad to left, signposted Exeter and bear right on the roundabout to go under the road)
- At the roundabout, bear left, signposted Ide
- Keep on this road until you come to a sharp bend and then a T-junction
- Turn left at the T-junction and stay on this road up a steep hill for about 3 miles
- At longdown, take the road on the right up a slope just past the Lamb Inn and opposite the garage
- After half a mile, turn left into the Longdown Village Hall car park
MRS. LORRAINE BIRCHALL, BARRATT'S COTTAGE, CLYST HYDON, CULLOMPTON, DEVON. EX15 2NQ TEL: 01884 277614