Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790

Plants in the Alpine House or Cold Frame: Cyclamen in cold frames and pots

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Elizabeth Maddock

With the days growing shorter and cooler the Cyclamen have been bursting into life, here are a few pictures

Go to latest contribution by Cliff Booker, 24 September 2009, 08:37. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 23 September 2009, 23:56top / bottom of page
Cyclamen africanum

It is an easy plant to grow, very similar to C hederifolium but not so hardy. It does produce a lot of charming pink flowers and enormous crops of seed, so is very reliable.

Cyclamen africanum
Cyclamen cilicum

This is on a different scale to C africanum, small and delicate, absolutely delightful.

Cyclamen cilicum

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 24 September 2009, 00:00top / bottom of page
Cyclamen intaminatum

Even smaller than C cilicum, the flowers with their faint strips are one of the most subtle of the genus.

Cyclamen intaminatum
Cyclamen persicum

The leaves of this C persicum have been a real joy to see emerge, as the patterns are better than I could ever have envisaged. I have a few of them, all grown from AGS seed, and with some of the C graecum and the C hederifolium that are coming into leaf I have a riot of leaf patterns and colouration.

Cyclamen persicum

Contribution from Cliff Booker 24 September 2009, 08:37top / bottom of page

Lovely images Elizabeth, thanks for posting.

This discussion Thread: Cyclamen in cold frames and pots - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Alpine House or Cold Frame
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion