Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Tours

AGS Tours: Narcissi of Iberia Tour

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jan Jeddeloh

Who is going on this trip?

Go to latest contribution by David Livermore, 08 January 2016, 15:29. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Jan Jeddeloh 01 January 2016, 21:15top / bottom of page

My Dad (Joe Patton) and I are flying over from Portland, Oregon to meet the group at Gatwick.  I was wondering who else was going and where you're from.  We're arriving on January 25th and staying at a Heathrow airport before taking the bus to Gatwick.  We're done a Naturtrek trip before so we're familiar with this drill.  In the two days before we meet the  group we plan to recover from jet lag, visit Wisley and maybe take in the Harlow Early Spring Show.  The last possibility depends on if we can get there by public transportation.  I have an email out to the show contact but haven't heard back yet.  If this doesn't work out we'll just go to Kew instead.

After the trip we'll stay near Gatwick for a couple of days before heading back to Heathrow to catch the plane back home.  My next project is to figure out what we're going to do while we're at Gatwick.  Suggestions are welcome. 

I'd love to hear from other participants on the trip.  I'm also going to cross post this on SRGC forum.

Jan Jeddeloh 

Contribution from Tim Ingram 02 January 2016, 10:01top / bottom of page

Jan - saw your post on the SRGC Forum as well, and Alan's reply. The Harlow Show is organised by Kit Strange at Kew and there will also be members of the Woking AGS Group who live near to Wisley going to it to so there could be a good chance to get a lift from someone if they are looking in here or on the SRGC. We would offer but our car will be full of plants!! The tour sounds to be exciting - hope to meet you if you can make it to the Early Spring Show.

Contribution from Jan Jeddeloh 02 January 2016, 17:52top / bottom of page

Hi, Tim,

Well of course you have to give priority to the plants you'll buy!  I completely understand about cars stuffed full of plants.  Been there, done that and hope to do it again especially since I have a whole new garden to fill.  I rode back from north of Seattle on a nursery buying trip with friends with plants on my lap and stuffed between my feet.  So yeah, I get it.  Cars stuffed to the gills with plants is simply normal human behavior in my book.  If I can figure out how to get a phyto and how to store plants while I'm on the tour I'll be buying too. I have almost two month do figure this out so I might just swing it.  

As I've posted on SRGC forum it looks like we can get there by public transportation anyway.  Tube, train and a short taxi ride to the place should do it.

I'm hoping I can meet you and other AGS and SRGC members at the show.  It's always lots of fun to get together with others that share the same obsession.

Jan

Contribution from David Livermore 08 January 2016, 15:29top / bottom of page

Good to hear you would like to take in Harlow Early Spring Show as part of your visit. In the event you can't get a lift from the Wisley area, then you could get a train. You need to get to London Liverpool Steet railway station and catch a train to Harlow MILL station. This is the smaller of the two Harlow stations, and not everything stops there. However, it is a little under a mile walk from there to the Show. Hope to see you there.

David Livermore

This discussion Thread: Narcissi of Iberia Tour - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Tours
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion