Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Seed Exchange

AGS Seed Exchange: Seed Orders on their way

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Go to latest contribution by Fermi de Sousa, 29 January 2018, 04:20. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Diane Clement 20 December 2017, 10:47top / bottom of page

This year, seed distribution work has been hampered by bad weather.  Last week, much of the Midlands had 15-25cm of snow and the temperature at Pershore last Monday night was -14C. However, thanks to helpers contributing extra days picking seed orders, we are now back on track.  We posted over 700 orders yesterday so they are now on their way to members worldwide.  We have still lots more orders to fill, but work on those will recommence after the Christmas and New Year break. 
Big thanks are due to all the members who donate seed, and the helpers who receive seed, sort, check and number seed, and  make up the seed orders. 

Diane Clement

Contribution from ian mcdonald 22 December 2017, 16:10top / bottom of page
seed

My seeds have arrived, thanks to all concerned.

Contribution from Simon Hollingworth 22 December 2017, 18:38top / bottom of page
Seed received yesterday in great condition

Just wanted to thank you all for the work done on the seed distribution. All seeds in tip-top condition and receiving them now gives me the opportunity to sow them before Xmas. Thank you all - great job. Simon 

Contribution from John Good 24 December 2017, 12:13top / bottom of page

Excellent service and my seed (mostly 1st choices)  arrived on 21 December so in good time for sowing when the New Year festivities are over,,,,, Thanks to Diane and all the team.

Contribution from John Richards 27 December 2017, 11:45top / bottom of page

Just adding my thanks to all concerned. Returned on Boxing Day to find nearly all mine hearts desires. Wonderful! Goodness, all that snow and -14C. Now in the balmy North-east.........!

Contribution from Herbert Reisinger 08 January 2018, 18:38top / bottom of page

I ordered the first possible day online and was a donor. My order has not arrived yet - should I start to worry?

Herbert from Austria

Contribution from Ivan Miles 09 January 2018, 09:53top / bottom of page
Seed order

I also placed my order and paid by 12.10 am on the first day. Although I am not a donor I usually receive my seeds before christmas. Should I also be worried.

Ivan Miles

Contribution from Diane Clement 09 January 2018, 10:38top / bottom of page

There is no need for any worries at this stage.  The date that orders are sent out is dependent on how many orders we receive on each day and how many helpers we have picking orders.  We did post out a lot of orders before Christmas, but we then had a 2 week break with no orders being sent out.  We are now back working again and more orders were posted out yesterday.  For enquiries about individual orders, please email me on diane.clement@agsgroups.org

Contribution from Ivan Miles 11 January 2018, 19:13top / bottom of page
Seed Order

I received my seed order today, I had 18 of my first choices and I am well pleased with that. Thank you to all concerned.

Ivan

Contribution from Lawrence Peet 11 January 2018, 20:06top / bottom of page
Seed order

Seeds arrived today including 17 first choices. Many thanks to Diane and her wonderful team

Lawrence 

Contribution from Herbert Reisinger 22 January 2018, 15:56top / bottom of page

May seedorder was lost on the postal way.

In short time after my notice I received a replacement with many of my first choices.

After a thank you for this excellent service, I could not resist to complain not receiving some of my special favourites. And voila - a few days later some of the arrived at my door.

Thanks Diane for making this wonderful surprise possible!

Contribution from Simon Hollingworth 26 January 2018, 15:53top / bottom of page
Surplus Seed Distribution

Hi, Have been loathe to email you as I appreciate that you have been coping well with very difficult weather conditions. Main distribution seed was great and even some starting to germinate. Have you reached the Surplus seed Distribution yet? Thanks, Simon

Contribution from Diane Clement 27 January 2018, 10:10top / bottom of page

Nice to hear you have already got gemination from your seed, Simon. 

We are busy working on surplus orders.  Some surplus orders have already been posted this week, and the rest will be posted early next week (with the exception of some Australian, New Zealand and US orders, which always take a bit longer due to extra import requirements).

Contribution from Mary Saunders 27 January 2018, 14:11top / bottom of page

Would it be possible when sending out seeds to couples if they have to be sent in the same envelope, if you could separate out his and hers?  Ours came all in together for both main and surplus and as we did 2 people ordering we are left with little idea who got what. A rubber band or plastic bag would be all that is needed. Thanks.

Contribution from Diane Clement 27 January 2018, 23:34top / bottom of page

Thanks for your comment, Mary.  I have sent you an email with your original individual orders so you can sort out your orders.  If you make a note on your order forms next year I will be happy to separate the orders. 

Contribution from Fermi de Sousa 29 January 2018, 04:20top / bottom of page
Seeds Received

Hi Diane,

Seeds arrived today only missed out on 5 x 1st choices but one substitution was a very similar selection so effectively only missed out on 4!

cheers

fermi

This discussion Thread: Seed Orders on their way - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Seed Exchange
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion