Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Seed Exchange

AGS Seed Exchange: Information on Geranium cazorlense wanted

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Helen Poirier

Go to latest contribution by Helen Poirier, 10 January 2013, 13:32. Go to bottom of this page.

top / bottom of page

I received some Geranium cazorlense seeds from the AGS seed exchange a few weeks ago. The seeds looked more like an erodium seed to me and there appears to be both a G. cazorlense and an E. cazorelense. Am hoping someone can give me some information on either one or both of these plants.  Btw, have 3 germinated already, only took 3 days for first one.

Contribution from Diane Clement 09 January 2013, 22:21top / bottom of page

Nice to hear of the fast germination, Helen. Erodium cazorlanum and Geranium cazorlense are both valid names, both plants endemic to the Sierra da Cazorla in Southern Spain. It will take me some time to trace the donor of this seed, as I will have to trawl through a lot of donor forms, but I will gladly do this when the current pressure of the job diminishes! I'll let you know when I find something out.

We are currently making up seed orders at Pershore every day. Approximately 1200 orders have already been posted out, and there are several hundred still to do. Please can US and Australian members be patient waiting for their orders, as the paperwork needed for the customs in these countries does take a while, and posting out of these orders is therefore delayed.

Contribution from Helen Poirier 10 January 2013, 13:32top / bottom of page

Thanks a lot, Diane.

Much appreciated.

Btw, have had other seeds germinate as well as these.

:-)

This discussion Thread: Information on Geranium cazorlense wanted - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Seed Exchange
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion