Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Seed Exchange

AGS Seed Exchange: Delay in sending out seed orders due to weather

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Colin Dolding

Go to latest contribution by Colin Dolding, 16 January 2011, 22:43. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 06 January 2010, 12:13top / bottom of page

Sorry, but due to the weather, we have not been able to get into Pershore to pick seed orders to post out to you.

We hope to be back to normal soon and clear the backlog. At least we do not have any problems keeping the seed cool!

Contribution from Colin Dolding 19 January 2010, 17:10top / bottom of page

We are now back in full swing. The main orders should all be posted out by the end of this week.

Thank you all for your patience in waiting for your seed.

All donors orders were posted out before Christmas along with 800 non donor orders.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 29 January 2010, 00:17top / bottom of page

We have finally finished all the main and surplus orders and posted all but a few with complications!

Thank you to my great team of dedicated volunteers, they have done the Society proud again this year.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 22 December 2010, 10:29top / bottom of page

Looking back to the comments last year, this is getting a bit repetetive!

Sorry, but due to the snow, seed order picking has stopped now until the new year. All donor orders which arrived before 18th December have been posted out and many of the early non donors. We were actually doing well until this week!

Pershore garden has vanished under all the snow, took some pictures yesterday but all you can see is white on white! Happy Christmas to everyone and a big thank you to all the seed exchange helpers and contributors.

Contribution from Diane Clement 22 December 2010, 14:58top / bottom of page

Can I add my thanks to all the helpers involved in the seed exchange.

Colin, we want to see the white pictures please! I think that Pershore was the coldest place in Britain on Saturday at -19C. 50 miles away from Pershore we fared a little better and only got down to -12C. Will all the plants survive??

Contribution from Colin Dolding 23 December 2010, 01:19top / bottom of page

A few pictures from Pershore, firstly the rockgarden with alpine house.

A couple of trough shelters and a toadstool!

Contribution from Colin Dolding 05 January 2011, 23:46top / bottom of page

We are back to picking orders after the Christmas/New Year break and the Snow/Ice break!

We are now well into the non donor orders with 170 orders completed by the team today.

Contribution from Yann DUPONT 15 January 2011, 18:12top / bottom of page

Hello i register today to the ags, hope i can still make a seed order?

thank you

Yann

Contribution from Colin Dolding 15 January 2011, 19:33top / bottom of page

Hello Yann, Welcome to the AGS, yes there is still time for you to place an order. Probably best not to choose from the bulbil/corms section as there are very few left by now. We still have about 4000 different numbers in stock though!

Contribution from Yann DUPONT 15 January 2011, 20:26top / bottom of page

Hello Collin, thank you for your prompt answer.

Yes i decided to be part of your society for this new year. Your website pretty well done with many informations.

Yann

Contribution from Colin Dolding 15 January 2011, 21:53top / bottom of page

I look forward to receiving your seed requests.

Contribution from Yann DUPONT 15 January 2011, 23:43top / bottom of page

Collin i didn't find where is the submit button for main order neither for surplus.

I've clicked on complete order but i can't go to any purchase page to pay the surplus... may be disabled (5th january was the bottom line.....)

Thanks for your help

Yann

Contribution from Colin Dolding 16 January 2011, 13:45top / bottom of page

Hello Yann, You will need to click on order completed for both main AND surplus orders, and then on submit order, then scroll down to pay by worldpay. Hopefully this will work, but if not please email me at colin.dolding@agsgroups.org

Contribution from Colin Dolding 16 January 2011, 22:43top / bottom of page

Thank you Yann, both main and surplus orders have come through OK.

This discussion Thread: Delay in sending out seed orders due to weather - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Seed Exchange
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion