Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Publications Feedback

AGS Publications Feedback: Book Tokens

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Lionel Clarkson

Go to latest contribution by Chris McGregor, 01 November 2011, 13:43. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Lionel Clarkson 03 September 2011, 09:56top / bottom of page

Since people give book tokens as a gift or a thank you, and AGS publications are not available in bookshops, could the AGS not think of a scheme to enable people to redeem their token. I feel sure it would enhance sales.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 03 September 2011, 14:14top / bottom of page

I agree totally Lionel ... I have two waiting to be spent and they may as well go to the AGS as W.H. Smiths.

Contribution from Chris McGregor 07 September 2011, 16:03top / bottom of page

Thanks Lionel and Cliff for the suggestion re Book Tokens. I have spoken with Dawn about this and we are looking into what we need to do to enable us to participate in the scheme. We will report back when we have more information - so watch this space. ...

Contribution from Lionel Clarkson 08 September 2011, 11:17top / bottom of page

Thanks Chris. I will hang on a bit longer.

Contribution from Chris McGregor 01 November 2011, 13:43top / bottom of page
Decision - Update

I promised to get back to you on the book tokens isssue. We have investigated what would be involved to allow us to participate in the National Book Tokens scheme. It appears that we would have to register and there is a cost associated with this. In addition there are other costs in terms of discounts deductable from book sales. We already give members 20% off our prices and to have to pay a further discount is not a viable option for us. The matter was discussed in the recent Publications sub-Committee and a decision was taken on cost grounds not to pursue this proposal.

AGS Book Tokens

I forgot to mention in my earlier response that the AGS will be producing its own Gift Vouchers and information on this will appear in the next Newsletter as well as here on the website as soon as they are available.

This discussion Thread: Book Tokens - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Publications Feedback
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion