Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: Show picture query

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Shelagh Smethurst

Wrong plant identification?

Go to latest contribution by Isabel Jane Green, 13 August 2010, 18:01. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Shelagh Smethurst 24 January 2010, 13:56top / bottom of page
Recognising an old friend.

Looking at the Campanula class I noticed one labelled C. stevenii ssp beauverdeana however to me it is suspiciously like C. xstansfieldii. What do you think?

Contribution from Graham Nicholls 29 January 2010, 15:22top / bottom of page
Campanula stevenii ssp beauverdiana

You are correct Shelagh, C stevenii v. beauverdiana as growns from Halda seed has much broader leaver and larger flowers that are a deep blue. The plant pictured is C 'Stansfieldii'

Graham Nicholls

Contribution from Isabel Jane Green 10 August 2010, 18:10top / bottom of page
Campanula stevenii beauverdiana

I have just happened upon your discussion re Campanula stevenii beauverdiana; I acquired a plant under this name from Mike Smith of Hythe Alpines some 7 years ago. However, recently, I looked up the internet giving this name and the plant shown there bore little resemblance to mine.

Contribution from Isabel Jane Green 13 August 2010, 18:01top / bottom of page

I enclose a photo in the hope someone may be able to help me identify this campanula. I acquired it as Campanula stevenii beauverdiana, which does not agree with photos I've seen of this plant and it is not Campanula stansfieldii.

This discussion Thread: Show picture query - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion