Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: Sad news from Kent

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: David Hoare

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 20 March 2017, 21:58. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from David Hoare 14 March 2017, 19:51top / bottom of page

Its with great sadness that Sheila Brown from Maidstone has passed away.

Sheila was long time member of the AGS. Over the years she served as Chairman and member of the local groups in Kent. She was also Artistic Secretary of the Kent Show from its first show in 1993 until 2008.

Sheila was also a very good photographer and displayed her photos at all the AGS Shows.

Her funeral will be held at Vinters Park Crematorium, Maidstone, Kent. on Friday 24th March at 2pm.

David Hoare.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 20 March 2017, 21:58top / bottom of page

I was sorry to hear that news when you let me know David. Sheila was very generous with her time and advice and good sense - and also with plants! I have a fine clump of the double form of Trillium grandiflorum that she gave me. This is a picture taken in Donald Charlesworth's garden in summer 2013 when the Mid Kent AGS Group met up a while ago. Sheila in the red coat for those who may not have known her. Our condolences from the East Kent Group too to her family.

This discussion Thread: Sad news from Kent - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion