Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: Online Snowman Competition

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jim McGregor

Go to latest contribution by Cliff Booker, 13 January 2010, 08:30. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 05 January 2010, 22:18top / bottom of page

The Director and her dog enjoying the snow. Has anyone else got a good snowman?

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 05 January 2010, 23:54top / bottom of page
This is the neighbour's snowman, about seven foot
This is the neighbour's snowman, about seven foot
A really creepy snowman, eyes, nose and mouth made from plant material
A really creepy snowman, eyes, nose and mouth made

Contribution from Cliff Booker 06 January 2010, 08:47top / bottom of page
Nod, nod ... Wink, wink!

Not lacking the snow here in East Lancashire, just lacking the energy to create a frozen effigy, but I will add to the New Year jollity with a winking robin captured outside our front year a number of years ago!

Nod, nod ... Wink, wink!

Contribution from Colin Dolding 06 January 2010, 12:16top / bottom of page

Sorry, like Cliff, cannot manage the snowman but here is my 1956 Austin A35 Pickup with a snowy hat on! May attempt a snowman later but it's still snowing steadily here.

Sorry again, I put "picking" in the search box rather than "pickup" !

Snow does have a strange effect on the brain.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 06 January 2010, 16:39top / bottom of page
Another family snowman.

Good use of plant material again.

Another family snowman.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 06 January 2010, 17:25top / bottom of page

Clearly too many members with not enough to do!!!!!

Yours

Jealous

Breadsall

Contribution from Brian & Maureen Wilson 07 January 2010, 15:38top / bottom of page

Cliff, - Brian thinks your robin was not winking, but had been in a fight resulting in the loss of an eye.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 07 January 2010, 21:33top / bottom of page

Hi Brian and Maureen,

The robin was not maimed - this image was among about twenty I took at the same time. It appeared to be very tired, actually sleeping on the fence and allowing me to get particularly close, but it also hopped about inquisitively as I worked in the garden and watched me plant up a small trough. It flew off later and was spotted the following day on the same trough. Happy New Year to you both.

Contribution from Brian & Maureen Wilson 08 January 2010, 20:03top / bottom of page

Fair enough, Cliff. For years we always had a 'tame' robin, - if you left the back door open, he was in like a shot and went beyond the kitchen if the inner door was open. Here he is in our bedroom upstairs!

Contribution from Elizabeth Maddock 08 January 2010, 20:14top / bottom of page
Another of the snowman in our road

Notice that this one, too, is made up with plant material

Another of the snowman in our road
Finally one for the footballers

Take note of the agonised expression on this snowman's face, fairly normal for a Manchester City Football Club supporter

Finally one for the footballers

Contribution from Colin Dolding 11 January 2010, 21:53top / bottom of page

At last, some snow good enough to make a snowman out of. We missed the first lot and it went powdery.

This snowlady was made by my wife Helen and her 88 yr old Mum. It is about 5ft high. (The snowlady, not Mum)

This "igloo" was constructed on Welland playing field on Tuesday, it is large enough for 4 people to stand inside and amazingly warm therein.

Helen and her Mum standing alongside.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 13 January 2010, 08:30top / bottom of page

Come on Colin ... stop trying to kid us! That young lady is NEVER eighty eight years old!

This discussion Thread: Online Snowman Competition - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion