Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: New Members.

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Ian Crompton

A place where new membes can say hello.

Go to latest contribution by Ian Crompton, 18 May 2013, 17:37. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Ian Crompton 17 May 2013, 14:19top / bottom of page

Hi there

I just thought I would say hello as a new member, I joined at the Malvern Spring Show. I was very impressed with the AGS display and talks and overall friendliness of the people on the AGS stand. I know next to nothing about alpine plants but I am quick to pick things up and reading the posts here know what I lack n knowledge I will only need to ask. Hope to meet more people at the shows and a local group when I decide which one to join

Many thanks

Ian

Contribution from Tim Ingram 17 May 2013, 19:57top / bottom of page

Welcome Ian!

Contribution from Ian Crompton 17 May 2013, 21:33top / bottom of page

Thanks Tim I have read quite a lot of your input while waiting for membership bits and pieces to arrive. I hope as i read and understand more I can contribute to a decent standard.

Contribution from Margaret Young 18 May 2013, 12:20top / bottom of page

Good to hear from you, Ian. Always a pleasure to welcome new folks to the AGS and to the Scottish Rock Garden Club Forum, which I see you have also found! You will find much of interest in this world of small plants.

Contribution from Ian Crompton 18 May 2013, 13:18top / bottom of page

Thanks Margaret I am just starting out on the Alpine plant journey, joining forums and groups trying to decide where to put my alpine bed in the garden. I love the choice and beauty of these compact plants.

Contribution from Helen Johnstone 18 May 2013, 16:54top / bottom of page

Hi Ian

Welcome, I joined last September and havent regretted it. If you live nearish Malvern you might be interested in the Cotswold & Malvern group which is very good. They are very welcoming - I go:)

Contribution from Ian Crompton 18 May 2013, 17:37top / bottom of page

Hi Helen thanks I live over on the Kings Norton side of Birmingham So it will be either the Midland Group or the Warwickshire group. But I guess if I go to some of the shows I will meet lots of people from lots of Groups hopefully.

This discussion Thread: New Members. - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion