Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: New Look Website

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jim McGregor

Go to latest contribution by Martin Rogerson, 13 August 2013, 07:14. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 26 April 2013, 13:21top / bottom of page

A redesign of the website has been taking place over the last few months. I am hoping it will go live later today (Friday). There may be some disruption to the service for a short time when it does.

You should find that all the information which was previously available is still there.

Those of you who have permission to access content editing facilities should find that these still work in exactly the same way.

If you find any problems with the new-look website such as broken links, or missing information, could you let us know as soon as possible - there are bound to be a few teething problems with a major update like this.

Contribution from Susan Read 26 April 2013, 17:45top / bottom of page

Is there a reason for this change. It came as a shock!

Contribution from Yann DUPONT 26 April 2013, 19:00top / bottom of page

wouahh nice frame design, i love it.

navigation is easy and menus give quick access to desired heading.

Contribution from Ken Curtis 26 April 2013, 19:43top / bottom of page

Fantastic! Really looks great.

Contribution from Brian Whyer 27 April 2013, 13:19top / bottom of page

Only complaint is the loss of the gentian from the AGS logo. The anonymous 5 petalled blue symbol could be anything; well almost. Maybe it has been used before and I haven't noticed :-(

The site seems to work fine and it is good to see more screen space used.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 27 April 2013, 16:08top / bottom of page

Took me by surprise but I like it. It's given the site a much more up to date feel

Contribution from Helen Johnstone 27 April 2013, 17:06top / bottom of page

Love it, fresh, modern and easy to navigate. Well done for a fab job

Contribution from Tim Ingram 01 May 2013, 08:18top / bottom of page

Yes, like it too! But I wish it was possible to edit entries - I am fed up with the multiple question marks that appear instead of quotes when you paste entries (the only way out seems to be to enter them by hand). I have wondered whether to use dashes instead of quotes? But that is a pretty minor quibble - will be interesting to see how use of the site might develop... (there are no statistics for viewers to refer to?).

Contribution from Susan Read 01 May 2013, 09:56top / bottom of page

I must agree it works well. I frequently bypass the home page and click on 'discussion', so the first time I thought I had found a fake site! Seems I cannot bypass the home page.

I do wish it was possible to use italics for foreign languages especially for Latin names.

Contribution from Susan Read 01 May 2013, 10:07top / bottom of page

Perhaps it is my computer but the black menu bar scrolls up out of sight whilst making any entry.

Contribution from Susan Read 01 May 2013, 10:58top / bottom of page

We seem to be on GMT. Is that intentional?

Contribution from Helen Johnstone 11 July 2013, 17:15top / bottom of page

I cant spot a search option which I think would be really helpful - is this a possibility?

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 13 August 2013, 07:14top / bottom of page

Thanks Jim, the new 'stop press' panel is a great improvement, much easier to spot the latest news.

cheers

Martin

This discussion Thread: New Look Website - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion