Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: Disappearing Threads

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: David Nicholson

Go to latest contribution by Jim McGregor, 22 July 2011, 22:11. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from David Nicholson 21 July 2011, 09:50top / bottom of page

If someone removes a thread, as has happemed with the recent thread about Troughs, Peat and Tufa, would it not be a good idea if the remover justified their actions? Or doeas the AGS, in it's infinite "wisdom", frown on adult discussion that may differ from that "wisdom"?

Contribution from Diane Clement 21 July 2011, 12:39top / bottom of page

David, this thread was not removed intentionally. I tried to sort out a problem with a message from Val Lee that had repeated several times, and when I edited this out, for some unknown technical reason the whole thread then disappeared from public view. I contacted Jim McGregor who was actually on holiday at the time but he did manage to sort it and the thread is now back visible again. So although I was trying to be helpful, it backfired due to some technical quirk that I don't understand.

Diane Clement

Contribution from David Nicholson 21 July 2011, 19:46top / bottom of page

Diane, many thanks for your reply, situation understood.

Contribution from Judy Rhymes 21 July 2011, 21:30top / bottom of page

It appears that Jon Evans submitted a contribution on 18 July under the AGS shows, but this is not appearing when I look for it - has the entry been deleted?

Contribution from Jim McGregor 21 July 2011, 22:17top / bottom of page

Jon used the system editor to fix a couple of mistakes he made in his post, and the system recorded the time of his change as the time of the latest contribution to the thread.

Not sure what went wrong with Val's posting - must have been an obscure combination of circumstances that caused the data to be corrupted so that the thread wouldn't load.

Nothing so exciting as a 'conspiracy'!

Contribution from Judy Rhymes 21 July 2011, 22:48top / bottom of page

Thanks, Jim - I thought I was missing more pictures of the show.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 22 July 2011, 22:11top / bottom of page

I've fixed it now so that small corrections behind the scenes won't look like new contributions.

This discussion Thread: Disappearing Threads - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion