Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Any Other Topics

Any Other Topics: Condolences

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: CLIFF BOOKER

For the passing of a President

Go to latest contribution by Chris McGregor, 24 September 2009, 17:20. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 15 September 2009, 09:31top / bottom of page
From the East Lancashire Group

May I, as Chairman of the East Lancashire Local Group, pass on our condolences to the family and friends of our recently departed President; Frank Tindall.

Frank was a great friend of our group and lectured to us on a number of occasions and was, of course, an ever present at our annual shows and at many other such events across the country.

He will be very sorely missed by all who knew him.

Contribution from Val Lee 15 September 2009, 16:17top / bottom of page

Thank you Cliff for your thoughts and those of the East Lancashire Local Group. I am not sure if Miriam or the family will pick up messages from the web site, but I will make sure that she gets all the messages posted.

Frank's death has been a shock to us all, we will miss him dearly. It will take a long time to come to terms with the fact that he will no longer be there for all of us. Please pass on my thanks to the group. Arrangements for the funeral will be posted on the stop press as soon as the family contact the AGS with details.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 15 September 2009, 17:14top / bottom of page

A sad day. Frank will be missed.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 15 September 2009, 21:27top / bottom of page

I hereby echo Cliff, Val and Martin's thoughts.

Frank encouraged me and made me very welcome as a new exhibitor. He was also very derisory about me wearing shorts and took every available public moment to air the subject!! I enjoyed his humour and joviality and will miss him a great deal.

Contribution from Margaret Young 15 September 2009, 22:28top / bottom of page
Frank Tindall - a loss felt very deeply.

Frank joined with us in Scotland celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the SRGC last year in Edinburgh and it was wonderful to have him contribute so fully to that happy day both as a fellow SRGC member and esteemed President of the AGS. It is a sad irony that he will be absent from the AGS 80th Anniversary Conference next weekend, too celebrate the Society for which he worked so hard.

Frank was a fine man, a typical example of the passionate alpine grower who takes delight in membership of our two organisations, a stalwart of both, always happy to give advice and encouragement: his passing is a great loss to all his friends and to the Alpine community. We can only sympathise with his beloved family, who meant so very much to him.

Contribution from Harry Jans 16 September 2009, 20:00top / bottom of page
Contribution from Harry Jans

As past president of the Dutch Rock Garden Society and his friend, I would like to express my condolences to his family and friends.

I knew Frank for many years and have met him regularly on shows, conferences and study weekends. Last time was at the Blackpool show this March. Not knowing that this would be the last time. His personality, his humour and knowledge will be greatly missed.

Contribution from Chris McGregor 24 September 2009, 17:20top / bottom of page
Thank You

Caroline, Graham, Son- in Law Ian, grand daughter Olivia and Miriam Tindall would like to pass on their sincere thanks for the flowers, all the letters, cards and condolences on the website on the recent death of Frank.

This discussion Thread: Condolences - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Any Other Topics
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion