Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Local Groups

AGS Local Groups: EAST LANCASHIRE A.G.S. LOCAL GROUP

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: CLIFF BOOKER

Based at Ramsbottom Civic Hall, near Bury. Details of all events from our Group Secretary; Shelagh Smethurst. See AGS Groups for address and telephone number.

Go to latest contribution by Cliff Booker, 15 January 2013, 09:38. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 23 June 2009, 06:22top / bottom of page
Thanks to all our officers, committee and members.

My I, as Chairman of this wonderful Group, thank and congratulate our officers, hard working committee and members on another highly successful season?

Please enjoy your summer breaks whether they be in the garden or in the mountains and return afresh for our new season which begins on Monday 14th September 2009 with a fascinating lecture entitled 'Wild Flowers of the Pyrenees' by Malcolm Edmunds. Doors open as usual at 7pm for plant, seed and book sales.

Everyone welcome. We actively encourage beginners and recent converts to this wonderful form of gardening.

Enjoy the friendly atmosphere of a typical East Lancs event.

Contribution from Shelagh Smethurst 11 March 2010, 10:10top / bottom of page
East Lancs AGS Show 2010

Just to remind all AGS members that the East Lancs Show is at Whitworth Civic Hall agin this year on 20th March. Do please come along and make this a wonderful day.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 08 September 2010, 18:09top / bottom of page

Our new season begins on 13th September 2010 when the guest lecturer will be Diane Clement from Wolverhampton with; 'A year in the life of an alpine gardener'. Visitors are very welcome to attend and further details of the East Lanc's Group; our programme for 2010-2011 and venue and contact details can all be found under EAST LANCASHIRE GROUP within the AGS Groups section in the pale blue section to the left of this screen.  Or by clicking the link below:

East Lancs Group Home Page

Contribution from Cliff Booker 03 March 2011, 18:02top / bottom of page
Returning as Group Secretary

Firstly, may I thank Shelagh Smethurst for her three years of service as Group Secretary of the East Lancashire Group. I have returned to the position after three years as Chair (to add to my twenty one years as Group Secretary since it's inception in 1986) and would like to invite members new and old to visit our wonderful venue at Ramsbottom Civic Hall, near Bury.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 03 March 2011, 18:16top / bottom of page
Group page link

Please visit the East Lancashire Local Group page on the following link:-

East Lancs Group Home Page

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 04 March 2011, 17:52top / bottom of page

Ooops Cliff, looks like you forgot to create the hyperlink!

Contribution from Cliff Booker 15 January 2013, 09:38top / bottom of page
Guest lecturer

Many thanks to Diane Clement for an inspirational lecture to the East Lancashire Group last evening. Diane travelled up from Pershore despite an ever present threat of snow and gave us a beautifully structured talk entitled; 'Alpines in the wild and cultivation'. Thoroughly recommended and much appreciated by our assembled members.

This discussion Thread: EAST LANCASHIRE A.G.S. LOCAL GROUP - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Local Groups
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion