Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Wild

Plants in the Wild: Bernese Oberland, Switzerland.

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Tony Lee

Just back from Grindelwald,Once again the last 10 days of June proved to be very kind to us here.

Go to latest contribution by john lee, 11 July 2008, 18:31. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 2:    (1)   2   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from john lee 04 July 2008, 17:52top / bottom of page

The walk from First to Backalpsee is one of our favourites,the lake still half frozen at about 7,000ft.

There is a small area with Soldanella pusilla I think.

Contribution from john lee 04 July 2008, 18:20top / bottom of page

I am a little disappointed with many of my slides I think my little digi is not up to the job,however here is Primula elatior.

The walk going the other way from First to Grosse Scheidegg is the best in the area for Gentians I think,There are acaulis types in several colours.

Gentiana verna.

We had to go down to Biglenalp again to see the Cypripediums,although it is a bit of a slog.

All of those yellow things in the last shot were not Cyps.

Contribution from john lee 04 July 2008, 19:15top / bottom of page

In the woods on the way to Bort, the birds nest orchid, Neottia nidus-avis,can be found here.

And the last couple for now,(may find some more for later)The unmistakable path to the Cyps around Murren.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 06 July 2008, 18:49top / bottom of page

Thanks Tony, let's have some more. Judging by the half frozen lake the season is a little later than when we were last there. Martin

Contribution from john lee 07 July 2008, 18:14top / bottom of page

Yes Martin I think they had a lot of snow last winter takling a long while to clear.This was coming down from Eigersletscher to K S.

There were many places you had to go with care on the Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg path.

Contribution from john lee 07 July 2008, 18:33top / bottom of page

and yet the Androsace chamaejasme close by was in full flower,

On the Eiger trail we found a dozen or more of the Pedicularis that i thought was rare,not so.

There are some very good Ranunculas alpestris,(I think)

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 2:    (1)   2   next

This discussion Thread: Bernese Oberland, Switzerland. - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Wild
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion