Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Wild

Plants in the Wild: AGS Bhutan 2009: Primula

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Margaret Thorne

join our virtual plant session

Go to latest contribution by Alan Oatway, 07 April 2010, 21:27. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 4 of 4:    1   2   3   (4)   previous

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Margaret Thorne 27 March 2010, 12:44top / bottom of page

P. walshii

Contribution from Jon Evans 29 March 2010, 17:57top / bottom of page

Margaret, as I'm sure you are aware, I don't have the scope to go on tours at the moment - all my photos are taken in the UK - so I can't contribute anything interesting, but I'd just like to say what a fabulous idea for threads on the website. Both this thread and that on Meconopsis are full of lovely photos and information; being able to see and compare the different species, photographed in habitat in the wild, is wonderful. I urge anyone who has photos of other primula or meconopsis species or forms from this area to add them to the thread.

Contribution from Alan Oatway 07 April 2010, 21:27top / bottom of page
Primula tanneri ssp. nepalensis

OK, doing as I'm told! Here are some pictures of this delicate species. Just two individuals seen, both in deep shade on the north facing slopes of the Yaksa valley. The plants were growing in deep moss on the swollen base of the forest tree trunks. Hence the poor depth of field!

Primula tanneri ssp. nepalensis
Primula chumbiensis/alpicola

Glad to see the discussion of this, and thought I would add one more picture showing flowers with a marked red ring.

Primula chumbiensis/alpicola

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 4 of 4:    1   2   3   (4)   previous

This discussion Thread: AGS Bhutan 2009: Primula - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Wild
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion