Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: Summer 2013

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Tim Ingram

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 16 September 2013, 16:57. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 6 of 7:    1   2   3   4   5   (6)   7   previous   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 04 September 2013, 11:55top / bottom of page
Iris Eye of the Tiger

I always love the colouration of this Dutch iris.

Iris Eye of the Tiger
Iris

Another iris, but I have lost the name of this one.

Iris
Astrantias
Astrantias
Erigeron aurantiacus
Erigeron aurantiacus
Papaver commutatum

The Ladybird poppy. This never seems to establish itself from self-seeding, and I have to get seed from elsewhere every two or three years to keep it going.

Papaver commutatum
Lilium martagon
Lilium martagon
Last view
Last view
Helianthemums

Moving round the back of the house, the wall next to the dustbin is brightened by a selection of red and pink rockroses.

Helianthemums
Back Garden

Here is the back garden; the rockery now dominated by 'dwarf' conifers. Really it needs a makeover, but the lines of the landscaping still give it some appeal.

Back Garden
Rhodohypoxis baurii

One of the features of the back garden is my collection of rhodohypoxis, which come out from under the benches in the greenhouse in mid-May.

Rhodohypoxis baurii
Rhodohypoxis deflexa
Rhodohypoxis deflexa

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 6 of 7:    1   2   3   4   5   (6)   7   previous   next

This discussion Thread: Summer 2013 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion