Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: RHS Wisley in February 2011

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 21 February 2011, 18:05. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 5 of 5:    1   2   3   4   (5)   previous

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 09 February 2011, 16:13top / bottom of page

That's about it folks.

I hope the pictures are OK - I deliberately left my tripod at home so I would focus more on enjoying the day and the garden, and less on taking perfect photos.

The show season is now upon us, so expect some more pictures after the Caerleon Show on Saturday.

Contribution from David Nicholson 10 February 2011, 11:49top / bottom of page

Smashing selection of images Jon, thoroughly enjoyed them.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 11 February 2011, 00:00top / bottom of page

Thank you very much for the Wisley tour Jon with some beautiful images to remind us all that Spring is on the way. I wish someone would tell my garden that! Still on the one coum and a few snowdrops!

Contribution from Margaret Young 12 February 2011, 20:05top / bottom of page

Colin, I know just how you feel... at the same stage of growth here!

Jon, many thanks for this delightful Wisley tour and your always super photographs .... armchair garden visiting at its best for us!

Contribution from Jim McGregor 21 February 2011, 09:33top / bottom of page

A fantastic tour of the garden in February Jon.

By the way - I hope I have fixed the aspect ratio problem with small images - let me know if you spot anything else.

Contribution from Jon Evans 21 February 2011, 18:05top / bottom of page

Thanks Jim, that's great.

I get the impression you might have changed something else about the submission code as well; it doesn't seem to generate an automatic new submission banner so frequently (or at least my contributions aren't broken up into as many separate submissions as they were).

The only other wish that I have relates to the habit I have got into of having one paragraph of text followed by three or four photos, since three or four thumbnails will all fit on the same row. It is frustrating when I do this, and then a new page is triggered between two of the photos because of the picture count limit. If the new page code only triggered when the contribution contained text as well as a photo, that would allow better formatting, rather than ending up with the text (and plant name) on one page and the photo on the following page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 5 of 5:    1   2   3   4   (5)   previous

This discussion Thread: RHS Wisley in February 2011 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion