Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: Nerine gaberonensis

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Ross Barbour

Hardy or not hardy?

Go to latest contribution by Ross Barbour, 05 January 2014, 19:48. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Ross Barbour 11 November 2013, 20:51top / bottom of page

I am very interested in adding Nerines to my crevice garden, so was pleased to find some at the AGM conference over the weekend. I have a wide leaved form of N. undulata growing away quite happily and flowering at the moment and one with very fine leaves that is yet to flower but will my new N. gaberonensis survive the winter or will I just have to go for it?

Contribution from Margaret Young 11 November 2013, 23:32top / bottom of page

I don't think I'd be brave enough to try Nerine gaberonensis outside in the UK, Ross.

Graham Duncan had an article on this plant in Curtis' Botanical Magazine, Volume 19, Issue 3 ( pages 173-177) of August 2002 - so if you can source that it may help you.

Contribution from Ross Barbour 05 January 2014, 19:48top / bottom of page

Thanks Margaret. Cant get hold of the article you mention, looks very interesting.

I am building a new Rock Garden at Old Court Nurseries and I am thinking hard about the creation of an area that will hold tender species. I will let you know how I get on.

This discussion Thread: Nerine gaberonensis - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion