Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: Mobile container trough

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Norman Wood

Mobile container trough made of timber mounted on wheels

Go to latest contribution by Margaret Young, 24 April 2015, 15:47. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Norman Wood 20 April 2015, 18:46top / bottom of page

I have recently designed and built a mobile trough. The reason being that I needed gain access for maintence. The trough was made out 9'' x 2'' tanalised timber for the two sides, front  and base. The back  was constructed out 6'' x 1'' which was higher than the sides  and front. This was so I could fix lumps of tufa to it. This was all mounted on suitable wheels to take the weight.  Adjustable  shading/ winter protection was also  fitted. I am in process of forming a water system for when I away on hoilday.

Contribution from Margaret Young 24 April 2015, 15:47top / bottom of page

Norman,  this is an innovative project.  Great idea to make the area accessible as you need - the tufa is lovely ( of course!) and the overall look of the trough is super - the shading is rather smart too.  I think it's a great idea and one you have executed well.

This discussion Thread: Mobile container trough - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion