Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: Late April in the Garden

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 09 June 2014, 16:36. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 2 of 3:    1   (2)   3   previous   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 09 June 2014, 15:11top / bottom of page
Rhododendron Razorbill

By late April this rhododendron was fully out.

Rhododendron Razorbill
Tulipa batalinii
Tulipa batalinii
Papaver atlanticum

This is a poppy I grew from AGS seed, and lost the label.  I think it is possibly atlanticum.  It seems to be a short-lived perennial, at least if I take the seed pods off to prevent excessive reproduction.

Papaver atlanticum
Paeonia mlokosewitschii

One of my favourite photographic subjects is peonies, particularly Molly, here with early morning dew on the petals.

Paeonia mlokosewitschii
Paeonia triternata

This was the second peony I ever acquired, over twenty years ago, and it is thriving,

Paeonia triternata

Contribution from Jon Evans 09 June 2014, 16:36top / bottom of page
Early May

Here are a few more images I managed to take between the London and Malvern shows.

Veronica gentianoides

I showed pictures of the compact form of this veronica earlier in the year.  This is the common, tall form, but still a very fine garden plant.

Veronica gentianoides
Paeonia x. smouthii

This is a new plant for me this year - I think the name is correct.  It is a wonderful colour.

Paeonia x. smouthii

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 2 of 3:    1   (2)   3   previous   next

This discussion Thread: Late April in the Garden - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion