Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Plants in the Garden

Plants in the Garden: June in the Garden

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 18 July 2012, 09:55. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 4 of 4:    1   2   3   (4)   previous

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 18 July 2012, 09:55top / bottom of page
July

A few more images from the first half of July.

Roscoea cautleoides
Roscoea cautleoides
Dierama igneum

People always say this is tomato-red, but I have never seen a tomato this colour. I guess it is closest to salmon, but it is pinker than that. I am always meticulous to take the seed for the exchange; it means I don't get self-sown plants where I don't want them, but this year I need to take some seed for myself, as I have decided this plant is too big where it is, and they are impossible to move.

Dierama igneum

Interesting taking close-ups of the dierama in the wind!

Raoulia lutescens

I'm not sure if this is the right name for this little raoulia, but it is very tight, and flowering now (and needs a weed - with tweezers!). I wish I still had Raoulia haastii, with its bright green carpet, but that has departed now.

Raoulia lutescens

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 4 of 4:    1   2   3   (4)   previous

This discussion Thread: June in the Garden - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Plants in the Garden
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion