Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Help with making contributions

Help with making contributions: Replying to a post

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Rick Lambert

Is it possible....?

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 17 January 2013, 15:33. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Rick Lambert 08 January 2012, 22:40top / bottom of page

Is it possible to see the text of the post I am replying to?

I tried having two windows open on the same tread but It threw up an error.

I would make replying to a multiple post easier.

I don't really want to print out the post or have to copy the text into MSword.

Rick

Sorry, that should have read

....same thread....

Rick

Contribution from Susan Read 09 January 2012, 09:01top / bottom of page

Am reading your post (saved) on a second computer.

Contribution from David Nicholson 10 January 2012, 10:37top / bottom of page

Rick Lambert wrote

"Is it possible to see the text of the post I am replying to? "

This has been requested numerous times without any further action, along with the ability to use hyperlinks and to use material as "quotes" without the laborious copy and paste I've had to use above.

All of these would make these pages more user friendly and might, in fact, persuade more members to make use of them

Contribution from Rick Lambert 10 January 2012, 13:03top / bottom of page

I have a feeling there is a free editor available on-line that can do this, or it may just require the forum page adjusting.

It sure would help.

Rick.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 07 February 2012, 17:14top / bottom of page
Replying to Little Heath Farm diary

I wasn't able to reply to John's diary directly so just wanted to say 'Thank You' here and I do look forward to hearing more! We are working hard to re-start growing plants and the nursery here and so may be able to compare notes! (Especially since I am very keen on many of the North American alpines that you also grow). Seed sowing under way and the fridge in the garage is full of sown pots. Today has been spent cleaning out old hellebores from the dutch light greenhouse, ready for young plants this spring. Good wishes for the new season.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 22 March 2012, 07:33top / bottom of page
Lakeland Diary

I expect at some stage it will become easier to reply to the new diaries on the website but I would just like to welcome the new Lakeland Diary too. we have visited the Lakes many times over the years and I remember being particularly excited discovering the garden at Holehird, and especially the small alpine house and its tufa, which contained really unusual plants like Grevillea alpina. This was probably 20 years ago or more, but on a recent visit there just as much interest to a seasoned plant collector, for example in the Polystichum collection. Really look forward to hearing more.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 17 January 2013, 15:33top / bottom of page

Perhaps I spend too much time in front of the computer? (You certainly do will come the rejoinder). It is interesting though that I always graduate first to the AGS On-Line Discussion and am disappointed when there is nothing new to see, and in reverse excited when there is! There is such an extraordinary wealth of information about plants on the web that there is scope for individual research and exploration of plants in all sorts of ways, and where else is a better place to put all this than the AGS website? There is a tremendous example of this on the SRGC Forum at the moment where two very knowledgeable botanists and gardeners have been discussing Pulsatillas and showing wonderful photographic examples. A Forum at its very best and most stimulating. This is no reflection on the AGS site which is great for someone like me who likes writing at greater length, and about garden projects, but a very good example of how gardeners can have a good time at different ends of computer screens. And it must encourage a lot more people to want to grow these plants.

This discussion Thread: Replying to a post - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Help with making contributions
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion