Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Help with making contributions

Help with making contributions: Contributions featuring portraits of specific plants

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 29 April 2014, 13:17. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Jon Evans 29 April 2014, 13:17top / bottom of page

Some of you may have wondered why my show reports are so rigidly structured, with the name of each plant I photograph in the contribution title.  This is because various tools on the website, including the online encyclopaedia of alpines, search all the images posted on the website, and the title is what they search.  If I make sure that the latin name of the plant appears in the title, and an image of that plant is needed, it may find and use mine. 

For the same reason, I always enter details of the exhibitor in each contribution, even if I am in the process of talking about a long series of plants from the same exhibitor.  At some point in the future there may be search tools which end up showing you just the relevant contribution; if so, I want each contribution to be self contained, and to tell you the exhibitor of the plant and any awards it got.

This discussion Thread: Contributions featuring portraits of specific plants - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Help with making contributions
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion