Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: Shrewsbury Flower Show 2012

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Diane Clement

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 15 August 2012, 08:42. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Diane Clement 14 August 2012, 11:12top / bottom of page

Shropshire AGS group put on a very attractive promotional stand and display at the Shrewsbury Flower show last week. They were awarded 3rd place in the Societies Section, which is an excellent achievement. Congratulations to Iain and Celia Wright for their hard work, an excellent achievement for a small group!

top / bottom of page

Contribution from Diane Clement 14 August 2012, 11:25top / bottom of page

top / bottom of page

Contribution from Tim Ingram 15 August 2012, 08:42top / bottom of page

Diane - really interesting to see this display at the Shrewsbury Show and pick up ideas from it. I like the groupings of plants in pots (cf: the superb 'tufa plantations' that you see at the Shows. I would imagine these would be especially appealing to those who are new to alpines. The big display photo is also rather good. We are offering FREE membership to our Group for the first year, on the reasoning that it is up to us to make any new members feel welcome and wish to stay and get involved. And this coming year we have arranged to open a number of our Gardens (as we have before for a Safari) but through the National Gardens Scheme, and hope this may begin to introduce a wider number of gardeners to the AGS. I hope Shrewsbury has attracted interest in the local area - we will try to follow the example at the Kent Garden Show next summer.

This discussion Thread: Shrewsbury Flower Show 2012 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion