Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: Ponteland Show Entries

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Martin Rogerson

problems with flooding

Go to latest contribution by Jim McGregor, 16 September 2008, 10:52. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 15 September 2008, 18:13top / bottom of page

I understand from the SRGC forum that Mike & Pearl Dale , the show secretaries, were badly affected by the recent flooding in the NE of England and that alternative arrangements are being made for entries to be phoned in. Jim, if your 'listening' can you confirm what people should do.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 16 September 2008, 10:52top / bottom of page

There is an announcement on the Stop-Press which you should be able to see now. It hasn't been working for the last few days - I've been making some big changes to the website behind the scenes in preparation for a new look and the stop-press fell by the wayside.

I am sure Mike and Pearl have all our sympathy and best wishes.  They certainly have ours as we spent Sunday mopping up water in our own kitchen and know in a very small way how they feel.  For those of you who know I do all my own plumbing, it wasn't a plumbing failure - thank goodness, I'd never have lived it down!  We have a water filter for drinking water and the filter cylinder under the sink split suddenly during the night.

To confirm the arrangements:

Alan Newton has volunteered to take the entries and they should be phoned to him:
telephone: 01661 871974
email: alan.alpine@btinternet.com
post: 12 Main Street, Ponteland, NEWCASTLE upon TYNE, NE20 9NR

This discussion Thread: Ponteland Show Entries - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion