Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: Plant sale/non competative show.

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Tony Lee

This Saturday 6th February is the day of the Plant sale and on line show,although there are may not be to many plants on display there will be what must be one of the best gathering of Nurseries in the country,

Go to latest contribution by Gail Harland, 07 February 2010, 07:07. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from john lee 04 February 2010, 16:54top / bottom of page

(to continue after making a mistake) The number of nurseries attending is sixteen,There are also displays,two or three talks,continus slide show,potting display,After a long hard winter it will be a nice day out,come and join us,cheers Tony.

Contribution from Ron Mudd 05 February 2010, 11:37top / bottom of page

Thanks for the reminder Tony. As newbie members my wife and I are very much looking forward to attending. Is the list of nurseries detailed anywhere? Good luck for what we hope will be an excellent day.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 05 February 2010, 18:21top / bottom of page

And don't forget the Bacon & Sausage butties!!!!!

Contribution from Gail Harland 05 February 2010, 20:09top / bottom of page

What time does it start? (I'm just wondering if it is feasible to do both Loughborough and the British Iris Society's reticulata show at Capel Manor, Enfield.)

Contribution from Chris McGregor 05 February 2010, 22:51top / bottom of page

Hi Gail - The advertised start time states from 10.00 am onwards. The day usually finishes a bit earlier than usual because there is no competitive show.

Contribution from john lee 06 February 2010, 17:30top / bottom of page

I am sorry Ron that i was not able to respond to your last post in time,I hope you were able to attend and thought the trip worthwhile,I was amazed at the numbers trying to get at the snowdrop stalls,this white fever is going to last for some time yet

Contribution from Ron Mudd 06 February 2010, 18:10top / bottom of page

Not a problem Tony. We did indeed make it ( if an hour after start due to thinking that doors opened at 11 o'clock ). We thoroughly enjoyed the day and have just arrived home. We managed to get some excellent growing advice and also bought a few choice plants. How very nice to be able to be out and about again, seeing some super plants and meeting some very kind people. Can't wait for our next outing. Thanks to everyone involved.

Contribution from Gail Harland 07 February 2010, 07:07top / bottom of page

Just to second the thanks to all involved. Wonderful to see some colour and to get the chance to browse round so many excellent nursery stands.

This discussion Thread: Plant sale/non competative show. - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion