Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: North of england spring show Harrogate

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: ian mcdonald

It is a shame that the AGS no longer have a show at Harrogate. Admission to the spring show used to be free for AGS members. Due to travel and admission costs I find the expense of going to the show too much. I have also noticed the gradual loss of attend

Go to latest contribution by Mel Linney, 22 October 2013, 14:44. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Mel Linney 22 October 2013, 14:44top / bottom of page

The North of England Show held at the Harrogate Spring Flower Show was one of the societies most popular. It attracted exhibitors from far and wide (remember Ivan Pinnick from IOW winning the Farrer in 2009) and was popular with the thousands of people who visited the Harrogate Show. Because it was so popular Elaine and I donated ?THE BILL & IVY NORTCLIFFE MEMORIAL TROPHY? for the best plant in a 19cm pan in that year thinking it would be competed for over very many years to come. The show hasn?t been held for three years now and I for one think that it?s about time it was put back where it belongs, on the show schedule.

This discussion Thread: North of england spring show Harrogate - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion