Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: Local Groups Discussion Meeting

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Chris McGregor

A meeting for representatives from local groups.

Go to latest contribution by Martin Rogerson, 18 November 2009, 17:27. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Chris McGregor 17 November 2009, 22:38top / bottom of page

The Society held a meeting on Saturday, 14 November 2009 of AGS local group representatives. The purpose of the day was to discuss how groups may attract new members and also to explore ways in which the Society could support groups in their activities.

Every AGS local group was invited to send two representatives and meeting was well attended - pictured below are some of the delegates arriving.

Members were divided into groups for discussion. Amongst the topics discussed they explored issues such as 'What makes a successful local group?'

Contribution from Chris McGregor 17 November 2009, 22:53top / bottom of page

I gave a short presentation to outline the different ways in which AGS Centre currently supports groups - these include provision of publicity materials & posters, group stationery (local group award cards, medals & prize stickers etc), insurance, targetted mail shots, local group voucher scheme for new national members, local group areas on the web. Pictured with me below is John Noakes, who led the meeting.

Contribution from Chris McGregor 17 November 2009, 23:03top / bottom of page

All Groups will receive a summary of the discussion points raised during the day and a full report will be considered by the Society's Committee at its next meeting.

Initial feedback indicated that the event had been extremely useful as well as providing a social occasion in which groups could meet each other and share experiences.

Pictured here are members of the Taskforce who initiated the day and will be carrying the work forward - left to right are Lorraine Birchall, Sandra Rice, Val Lee (President), John Noakes (Taskforce Chair) and me.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 18 November 2009, 17:27top / bottom of page

Thanks Chris, the sort of event which most of us were probably not aware. It's good to see people taking an active part in discussing the future and how to improve things. I look forward to some feedback at our next group meeting having spotted the back of our chairman's head!

This discussion Thread: Local Groups Discussion Meeting - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion