Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: JRGC at RHS Show Vincent Square 22nd October 2013

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 22 October 2013, 22:08. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 22 October 2013, 22:08top / bottom of page

I visited Vincent Square today to take photos of the plants which were submitted for consideration by the JRGC. Normally I would email these to Jim McGregor for use on the Joint Rock page, but the emails are coming back as undeliverable, so I am posting here instead. I didn't take any photos of the rather bizarre theatrical installations which apparently are the future of gardening, so you will have to make do with a few plants.

Crocus laevigatus

Exhibited by RBG Kew. There appeared to be two very different plants in this pot of seedlings, one with blue / purple markings on the back of the petals.

Crocus laevigatus
Nerine hesseoides

Also from Kew. Sadly the third picture isn't quite sharp - I was struggling with a draught all day, and it caught me out here.

Nerine hesseoides
Cyclamen cyprium

The third plant from Kew.

Cyclamen cyprium
Polyxena corymbosa

Exhibited by the RHS Garden at Wisley

Polyxena corymbosa
Cyclamen mirabile

Also from Wisley

Cyclamen mirabile
Pterostylis coccina

Final plant from Wisley. Although it pales beside the magnificent potful we saw at the Autumn South Show, at least it meant that I was able to photograph individual flowers in isolation.

Pterostylis coccina
Nerine bowdenii

There were some Nerine bowdenii cultivars in the same room, brought by Margaret Owen for the committee meeting in the afternoon, so I photographed those as well. The first is 'East Lambrook Manor', the second is 'Quinton Wells' and the third is 'Mount Stewart'.

Nerine bowdenii
Chrysanthemum Blanche Poitenene

Finally, this lovely white chrysanthemum, brought by Jim Marshall, also for the meeting in the afternoon.

Chrysanthemum Blanche Poitenene

This discussion Thread: JRGC at RHS Show Vincent Square 22nd October 2013 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion