Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: Chelsea 2009

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Martin Rogerson

Go to latest contribution by Cliff Booker, 20 May 2009, 19:29. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 19 May 2009, 18:22top / bottom of page

Any news?

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 19 May 2009, 20:30top / bottom of page

Did we do a display this year? Or were we a victim of the crunch?

Contribution from Cliff Booker 20 May 2009, 09:10top / bottom of page
Silence is golden, Martin!

Presumably everybody who is anybody is manning the stands at the Tatton of the South. I'll be interested to see just how many new members we make at this year's event?

We seem to be the only people reading this! Prove me wrong please in this great alpine world.

Contribution from Michael McLoughlin 20 May 2009, 10:57top / bottom of page

wrong

Contribution from Colin Dolding 20 May 2009, 12:06top / bottom of page

Saw your thread just after you started it and did not reply as I thought there may have been an official response from Pershore. They are of course very busy with organising and manning the publicity stand on Eastern Avenue (see News section on website).

There is no display this year for reasons beyond the control of the society and the so called credit crunch was involved! I will leave a fuller answer to those who are in a better position to give it.

Thank you for using the forum, I wish we could get more people doing so!

Contribution from Val Lee 20 May 2009, 12:34top / bottom of page

Sadly we have no garden at Chelsea in 2009. Our sponsors felt is was not appropriate to support our garden due to the present economic climate. However, we have a presence on Eastern Avenue with a small alpine display. Chris. McGregor and her team of volunteers are manning the stand, selling books and hopefully registering lots of new members.

Unfortunately Pershore was off line for a couple of days, due to a power failure, but all is well now.

Thank you to one an all for your concern and interest. It would be good to see more people contributing the our site, so please give it a whirl and don't leave it to a few enthusiasts.

Contribution from David Nicholson 20 May 2009, 17:56top / bottom of page

The coverage on the 'idiot's lantern' was/is as bad as ever. If I hear the words "design", "designer" or "plastecine" again I'll willingly go down there and throttle Messrs Titchmarch and Swift.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 20 May 2009, 19:29top / bottom of page
Chelsea coverage on the box

Perhaps we could front a campaign to bring back Roy Lancaster and Geoffrey Smith, David?

The worst Chelsea coverage for many a year but only mirroring the demise of 'Gardener's World.

This discussion Thread: Chelsea 2009 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion