Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Events

AGS Events: Bulb Day - 27th September

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Helen Johnstone

Go to latest contribution by Brian Whyer, 02 October 2015, 22:26. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Helen Johnstone 28 September 2015, 14:20top / bottom of page

I would just like to say what a good event the Bulb Day held at Pershore College was.  I found the talks very informative and relevant to the season featuring as they did Nerine, Colchicums and Autumn Crocus and Kit Grey-Wilson's talk on the Peloponnese was both botanically interesting and historically interesting.  It was also good to have an opportunity to buy from the nurseries.

I think this was a successful event, and along with other new innovations such as Snowdrop Days, should be repeated and will I am sure attract more new members to the Society. It was also nice to have an event for those not interested in showing.

Contribution from Brian Whyer 02 October 2015, 22:26top / bottom of page

But where but at shows would you be able to see all those rare and wonderful bulbs in flower? I never knew many of them existed until I went to, and exhibited at, shows. I even had people like Kath Dryden giving me bulbs.

This discussion Thread: Bulb Day - 27th September - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Events
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion