Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: RHS Wisley late March 2012

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 05 May 2012, 20:47. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 6:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 05 May 2012, 20:47top / bottom of page

I have a weekend off this weekend (Doug Joyce is doing the show photography at East Anglia), so I have had a chance to do some weeding (albeit in light drizzle and quite a noticeable chill), and some catching up. I would like to share with you some photos I took at Wisley at the end of March, which I haven't had a chance to post yet.

I was invited in to Wisley early in the morning before opening to take some pictures of the wonderful display of orchids in the main glasshouses, so I will start with a brief flavour of that.

Geranium maderense

A brief break from orchids - Geranium maderense and an echium, though I am not sure which one.

Moving out of the temperate area, into the steamy tropical region, more orchids everywhere.

Amorphophallus rivieri
Amorphophallus rivieri

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 6:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   next

This discussion Thread: RHS Wisley late March 2012 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion