Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: RHS Harlow Car

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Ian Crompton

Go to latest contribution by Martin Sheader, 27 October 2014, 16:25. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Ian Crompton 26 February 2014, 18:15top / bottom of page

Had a cracking day at RHS Harlow car but the Alpine House was fabulous and well worth a visit, lots of planters outside and a wall out the back with alpines wedged in to the wall. I cant do justice to the place only to say anyone going up that way give it a visit.

Contribution from Margaret Young 27 February 2014, 12:00top / bottom of page
RHS Harlow Carr

I know the alpine department staff at Harlow Carr have been much  influenced by all they have seen of innovative plantings at the likes of the Utrecht Botanic Gardens and have adopted  many of those ideas - to great effect. Yes, very much worth a visit, Ian - ad that is advice which I should take myself!!

Contribution from Norman Wood 25 October 2014, 15:52top / bottom of page

I too was very impressed by the alpine section at RHS Harlow Carr

Contribution from Martin Sheader 27 October 2014, 16:25top / bottom of page

We were at Harlow Carr in August. We had not visited the garden for many years and were in the area so spent a day there. It was well worth it. We were impressed with the planting, especially in and around the alpine house. There were a number of recent South American introductions growing away well and good number of cushion plants. Well worth a visit!

This discussion Thread: RHS Harlow Car - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion