Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: Display at Harrogate by West Yorkshire AGS Group

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jim McGregor

Go to latest contribution by Colin Dolding, 24 April 2009, 01:36. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 22 April 2009, 17:15top / bottom of page

The Harrogate Spring Flower Show starts tomorrow. To celebrate the 80th Anniversary of the Society, The West Yorkshire (Leeds) AGS Group have been building a display garden in the Floral Hall - here is a preview of their superb effort.

First, a woodland area:

Here the final touches are being added to the area of the exhibit that illustrates plants for drier conditions.

And some more detail:

AGS Publicity and books at Harrogate

Nearby the AGS publicity machine is again in full gear with books an seed for sale and lots of information about the Society:

AGS Publicity and books at Harrogate

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 22 April 2009, 17:33top / bottom of page

Brilliant. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh on Saturday morning, very early!

Contribution from Jim McGregor 23 April 2009, 17:40top / bottom of page
Other Neighbouring exhibits
Kevock Garden Plants

Down from Edinburgh - Premier Award and Trophy

Kevock Garden Plants
Edrom Nurseries

Also down from Scotland, Premier Award and Trophy

Edrom Nurseries
Hartside Nursery Gardens

From High up in the Pennines (Plants with altitude), Gold

Hartside Nursery Gardens
Pottertons Nursery

Frome the East of the Country, Gold

Pottertons Nursery
Slack Top Nurseries

A Modern Touch to Alpines

Slack Top Nurseries

Contribution from john lee 23 April 2009, 19:03top / bottom of page

Thank you for the info and pictures Jim,I am looking forward to being there Saturday if I can find a plant or two.

Contribution from Margaret Young 23 April 2009, 21:07top / bottom of page
well done to you all !

The West Yorkshire Group have made a wonderful contribution to the Society's Anniversary celebrations with that super display.... I hope that the Show attracts many appreciative visitors....fingers crossed for nice weather to maximise the numbers arriving! The Nursery stands look very smart also .... I can feel my purse twitching with anticipation of next year's catalogues already!Well done to all the Members involved and thanks for bringing us the photos, Jim!

Contribution from Colin Dolding 24 April 2009, 01:36top / bottom of page

Congratulations to everyone involved in such a great display. Sorry I cannot be there to see it this year so thank you Jim for posting all the photographs.

This discussion Thread: Display at Harrogate by West Yorkshire AGS Group - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion