Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: AGS Garden, Pershore

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Judy Rhymes

Feedback on garden articles

Go to latest contribution by Judy Rhymes, 02 April 2010, 11:17. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Judy Rhymes 18 March 2010, 19:00top / bottom of page

I have been asked to contribute some articles about the AGS garden at Pershore, a task I accepted with some trepidation as my plant knowledge and photography skills are very limited. I will be ?learning on the job? so please be patient with me.

I am hoping this experience will help me, whilst giving anyone visiting the website an idea of the garden?s contents, work being undertaken and, of course, the plants that inhabit the various beds.

Your feedback would be appreciated. Please let me know via this discussion thread if there are any areas/items of particular interest that you would like to see, and I will do my best.

You can view the first article via Gardens to Visit, then AGS Garden News.

Contribution from Colin Dolding 19 March 2010, 01:16top / bottom of page

Good start Judy, many thanks.

I visited again yesterday and that sun has finally coaxed many of the Saxifragas, Iris and Crocus into full flower. Did not have my camera with me though!

Contribution from David Nicholson 31 March 2010, 19:06top / bottom of page

A very good start Judy and very useful for one who has made only one short visit to the Pershore garden. Could I suggest though that the plant pictures be made a little larger please.

Contribution from Judy Rhymes 02 April 2010, 11:17top / bottom of page

Thank you, Colin and David, for your feedback.

I had hoped to add the next tour by now, but have been seconded back to seed picking and packing!

Part 2 of the tour should be finished soon, and I will try to put larger photos of the plants, David - more experimenting on my part.

Another plug, but it's also our local group show at Pershore on Easter Monday - please come to see us and the AGS garden - it's looking very colourful now. I'm also going to do some baking, so you'd better take out health insurance!

This discussion Thread: AGS Garden, Pershore - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion