Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: A Wet Autumn Wednesday at Wisley

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 14 October 2012, 21:28. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 6 of 6:    1   2   3   4   5   (6)   previous

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 14 October 2012, 22:32top / bottom of page
Iris Immortality

What a fine iris bloom to find after days of rain ! I resisted this offering - they never do well for me.

Iris Immortality
Helionopsis helianthoides

I was tempted by this sunflower relative though; it looks a little more compact than some of the unruly ones I grow.

Helionopsis helianthoides
Anemone hupehensis

There was a lovely display of Anemone hupehensis cultivars though, primarily Praecox and Pretty Lady Diana

Anemone hupehensis
Montbretia and Rudbeckia

This display of montbretia and rudbeckia was eye-catching as well.

Montbretia and Rudbeckia
Clematis Princess Kate

The stand-out plant in the plant centre for me was this clematis; an outstanding new cultivar, sadly with price to match.

Clematis Princess Kate

I would like to end by thanking Paul Cumbleton and his team in the alpine area, and indeed all the gardeners at Wisley for making the garden such a pleasure to visit throughout the year. It can't be easy producing a display which looks so good at the end of September, after a month's worth of rain in four days.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 6 of 6:    1   2   3   4   5   (6)   previous

This discussion Thread: A Wet Autumn Wednesday at Wisley - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion