Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Display Gardens

Display Gardens: A Wet Autumn Wednesday at Wisley

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 14 October 2012, 21:28. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 5 of 6:    1   2   3   4   (5)   6   previous   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 14 October 2012, 22:22top / bottom of page
Verbena bonariensis

Artfully planted to give an eye-catching contrast with the Helianthus Lemon Queen behind.

Verbena bonariensis
Chrysanthemum

I have forgotten the name of this tall white chrysanthemum (flowers 3-4in across), but it is a familiar plant from my childhood, and it was good to see it again.

Chrysanthemum
Dahlia Knockout

Looking back down the border, there is a fab Dahlia near the path - deep red leaves, and lovely pale yellow flowers.

Dahlia Knockout
Aster novae-angliae Rubinschatz

Another bright patch of colour to brighten the autumn garden.

Aster novae-angliae Rubinschatz
Penstemon Pennington Gem
Penstemon Pennington Gem
Clematis

I love these 'orange peel' clematis. I have never got one to 'take off' here; they usually struggle for a few years and then fail.

Clematis
Helianthus Lemon Queen

This is one of my favourite herbaceous perennials, bringing a lovely primrose yellow to the back of the border at this time of year, and clumping rather than spreading aggressively. I will have to look after mine a bit better; it has been neglected in recent years.

Helianthus Lemon Queen
Cosmos sulphureus

Another favourite plant, this time an annual, and one I haven't grown for a number of years.

Cosmos sulphureus
Borders

A few last views of the new borders leading up the hill, and then a swift exit into the plant centre.

Borders

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 5 of 6:    1   2   3   4   (5)   6   previous   next

This discussion Thread: A Wet Autumn Wednesday at Wisley - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Display Gardens
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion