Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for Alpine Gardener (AGS Journal)

Alpine Gardener (AGS Journal): Some words after reading the Volume85, No.4

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Zhang guo wei

Alpine gardering for China enthusiast

Go to latest contribution by Tim Ingram, 13 January 2018, 17:11. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Zhang guo wei 09 January 2018, 07:26top / bottom of page

Hi all,  Happy new year and best wishes for 2018.

I was encouraged by Christopher Bails' "New President sees the AGS diversifyng for a bright future" . Thanks for ASG can send me such valuable journals.

I want speak something about Apline growers I know in China. Many of them are from more developed area in China ( eastern coastal areas of China) and they are young, most of them I know are from 20-30. The weather is very hot and dummy in summer (can reach 40°C).  The popular choice are rare plants. Most of them are in beginning and investigating stage.
Some of them will research online before growing new plants, some of them will just ask some suggestion from others. And the plants is mostly from Japan. As I know even we can find materials on that plants, however due to English skill, we have to use dictionary.

I hope our new sites can think of involving the potential members from China as well. 

Thanks very much.
Zhang

Contribution from Tim Ingram 13 January 2018, 17:11top / bottom of page

That's great to hear Zhang! Would be really good to see how gardeners in China grow alpines. Although some UK gardeners are lucky enough to travel to China and show us  their experiences many of us don't have the resources to do this, and it would especially nice to see how gardeners like yourself view the plants in your own country, and grow them. Good wishes from Kent in the south-east of the UK. This is a picture of an alpine sand/scree bed in our garden in the summer.

This discussion Thread: Some words after reading the Volume85, No.4 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic Alpine Gardener (AGS Journal)
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion