Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Summer Mid West

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Martin Rogerson

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 15 July 2011, 15:34. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 3:    (1)   2   3   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Martin Rogerson 10 July 2011, 19:16top / bottom of page

A few pictures from yesterday's show on the outskirts of Tewkesbury.

To start we have Alstromeria hookeri, Anagallis stenella Studland (a lovely pan which was unfortunate to be in the same class as the Farrer Medal plant), Cyclamen purpurascens, the aforementioned Farrer Medal plant shown bu Ian Robertson

Next up Eucomis lelia, one of several Eucomis, this was perhaps not the most dramatic but probably the prettiest. Goodenia heteromera, there's always something at a show you've never heard of before

Gypsophila aretoides caucasica with 40 flowers!, a Lewisia cotyledon hybrid in section B which had a number of Lewisia fans contemplating theft and a Lewisia rediviva hybrid

Finally Phlox hendersonii, Rebutia aylostera and Trachelium asperuloides.

Contribution from Jim McGregor 11 July 2011, 11:07top / bottom of page

Thanks for all these Martin. I have put the results up now as well. Didn't get them done yesterday as we had one more day of holiday to fit in!

Contribution from Jon Evans 15 July 2011, 15:34top / bottom of page

Hi

Here are my images from the show. I'm sorry about the delay, but I was away after the show, and then had a lot to catch up with. As Doug Joyce was show photographer I was able to look for plants which caught my eye; as a result there are a lot of close-ups, and wide angle views of plants instead of the more formal shows.

As always at this point in July, the mainstay of the show was Campanulas. Here are just a few:

Campanula fragilis exhibited by Paul and Gill Ranson

Campanula hercegovina nana and Campanula Margaret Brine, exhibited by Graham Nicholls

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 3:    (1)   2   3   next

This discussion Thread: Summer Mid West - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion