Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Southport AGS Show - 14th May 2016

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Cliff Booker

Go to latest contribution by John Good, 16 May 2016, 14:38. Go to bottom of this page.

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Cliff Booker 14 May 2016, 20:08top / bottom of page

Hearty congratulations to everyone involved with the splendid Southport AGS Show held today in sunny Lancashire.  The Farrer medal was won by Ian and Maria Leslie from Bangor.

Apologies, I omitted to state that the Farrer Medal winning exhibit was a fabulous example of the very beautiful Leiophyllum buxifolium prostratum.

Contribution from Margaret Young 15 May 2016, 17:50top / bottom of page

The pictures I've seen show benches covered with great plants - looks like a really super show.

Contribution from Ian Instone 15 May 2016, 21:09top / bottom of page

Excellent show Southport. Many thanks to all who organised it. Below are a few pictures I took at the event.

Contribution from Tim Ingram 16 May 2016, 06:41top / bottom of page

So many strong well flowered plants Ian! It is clear why the middle/end of May is the time chosen for the Chelsea Flower Show looking at this AGS Show too. I was struck by the particular diversity of plants at Wymondham, and how so many are also very good garden plants. I think this must be the same plant of Phlox bifida 'Blue form', a week earlier - even more striking at Southport and a very lovely plant, not really so often seen in gardens.

Contribution from John Good 16 May 2016, 14:38top / bottom of page
Congratulations Ian and Maria

Many congratulations to Ian and Maria Leslie of our N. Wales Group for winning the Farrer with a super plant of the excellent and now not widely available Leiophyllum buxifolium 'Prostratum'. It is one of the many Farrer-winning plants that is excellent and easy in the garden; anyone can try it as long as they have acid soil that is not allowed to dry. out.

This discussion Thread: Southport AGS Show - 14th May 2016 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion