Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: RHS Plant and Potato Fair 2015

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by John Richards, 25 February 2015, 16:07. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 8:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 21 February 2015, 09:15top / bottom of page

Yesterday I went to the RHS Plant and Potato Fair in London.  Rather than grumble about one hall being full of potatoes, I would like to celebrate the spectacle and achievements of the nurseries in the other hall.  I'm not entirely sure whether this thread is in the right place - it was not after all an AGS show - but I was there to photograph plants for the Joint Rock Garden Committee.

Hippeastrum

The first plant which greeted me at the top of the steps was this Hippeastrum.  I don' t have a note of what it was, or whose stand it was, but it gives an idea of the spectacle.

Hippeastrum
W & S Lockyers

BIll and Simon Lockyer had an excellently laid-out and landscaped stand near the entrance.

W & S Lockyers

I always love aconites, but they won't thrive on my clay soil.

Galanthus Spindlestone Surprise

Moving on to the snowdrops on the Lockyer's stand...

Galanthus Spindlestone Surprise
Galanthus Primrose Warburg
Galanthus Primrose Warburg
Galanthus Daglingworth
Galanthus Daglingworth
Galanthus lagodechianus
Galanthus lagodechianus
Lachenalia aloides var aurea

Trewidden Nurseries had a stand of South African plants, mostly shrubs, but including this Lachenalia.

Lachenalia aloides var aurea
Avon Bulbs

Moving further into the hall, we came to the Avon Bulbs stand.  Sadly, there was a sign saying they thought it would be their last year showing snowdrops here.

Avon Bulbs

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 8:    (1)   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   next

This discussion Thread: RHS Plant and Potato Fair 2015 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion