Alpine Garden Society

Now is the time to enter the Online Show

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Pershore Early Spring Show 2017

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Jon Evans, 26 February 2017, 18:09. Go to bottom of this page.

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 5:    (1)   2   3   4   5   next

Images on this page are shown as thumbnails. Click on an image to enlarge it.

Contribution from Jon Evans 26 February 2017, 18:09top / bottom of page

Yesterday I drove up to Pershore for the new Spring Show staged there for the first time.  This was an excellent show, really well attended by the public - many thanks are due to Jim and Christine McGregor for organising it and running it so smoothly.

As last week, I am going to post the photos with exhibitor names but without much narrative - I have a very busy week ahead, and if I don't get this done this evening, it will be past Harlow before I can post them.

Adonis ramosa

Exhibited by Diane Clement in the New and Rare section

Adonis ramosa
Anemone caucasica

Exhibited by Alan Newton, grown from seed sown in July 2014, and appropriately presented in a seed tray.

Anemone caucasica
Colchicum diampolis

A colchicum to add to my photo collection - it wasn't in my display last week.  Exhibited by Vic and Janet Aspland.

Colchicum diampolis
Corydalis angustifolia Georgian White

Exhibited by Don Peace

Corydalis angustifolia Georgian White
Crocus biflorus subsp weldenii Albus

Exhibited by David Richards

Crocus biflorus subsp weldenii Albus
Crocus corsicus f albus

Exhibited by Ian Robertson

Crocus corsicus f albus
Crocus

This lovely pan was exhibited as Crocus dalmaticus by Ian Robertson.  I'm not at all sure the name is correct; it looks very different from the material exhibited ten years or so ago by Robert Rolfe (see last picture).

Crocus
Crocus etruscus

Exhibited by Jim McGregor

Crocus etruscus
Crocus malyi

Exhibited by Bob Worsley

Crocus malyi
Crocus pelistericus MESE 380

Exhibited by John Dixon

Crocus pelistericus MESE 380
Crocus rujanensis

Exhibited by Ian Robertson

Crocus rujanensis

Long threads are now split into pages: Page 1 of 5:    (1)   2   3   4   5   next

This discussion Thread: Pershore Early Spring Show 2017 - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion