Alpine Garden Society

01386 554790
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion, All discussion threads for AGS Shows

AGS Shows: Online Show Stewarding

To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Started by: Jon Evans

Go to latest contribution by Maureen Wilson, 19 December 2010, 21:28. Go to bottom of this page.

Contribution from Jon Evans 07 December 2010, 17:25top / bottom of page
Stewarding the Online Show

Hello Everyone

After making comments last year about the number of entries marked NAS (not according to schedule), I have been asked this year to help with stewarding the online show. I have started this well in advance of the closing date for entries, to allow exhibitors to adjust their entries.

Obviously, my knowledge of plants is not as extensive as that of some of the judges (I am mainly a photographer rather than grower of alpine plants), but I have the internet and AGS Bulletins at my disposal, and most questions can be answered by reference to the Botanical Lists link from the online show page.

I would like to thank all of you who have entered the online show already; this makes the stewarding job a little easier. Most of the entries so far are fine (to the best of my knowledge), but I have sent emails about specific entries to a few exhibitors. In these cases, you are welcome to move your entry to a different class, or leave it and see what the judges think.

However, I am concerned that not all the exhibitors I have tried to contact have responded, either by email or by changing their entry. If you have already made entries to the online show, please would you check that you haven't had an email from me consigned to your Spam folder. I will send out these emails again before entries to the show close.

Best wishes

Jon (jon.evans@agsgroups.org)

Contribution from Maureen Wilson 19 December 2010, 21:28top / bottom of page

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but with the deadline for the 2010 on-line show almost upon us, I would just like to wish everyone 'good luck'. I shall follow it with interest, but unfortunately have not been able to contribute this year due to ill health and bereavement. Maureen

This discussion Thread: Online Show Stewarding - To make contributions or to send emails to other contributors Login

Go to top of this page
Discussion Topic AGS Shows
All topics Members' On-Line Discussion